Seeing the Pope for the first time...


I originally posted this last May 1, 2011, Sunday.

"Meet Pope John Paul II" was one of my dreams during my younger years. Being a messenger of God, I was drawn to his amiable personality and his unconditional love towards the people. But it remained a dream for having limited resources, it was difficult for me to accomplish that dream. But the hope is still there, impossible it may seem, nevertheless, a faint glimmer of hope is still there.
And so I was contented in watching him on t.v, seeing his face on newspapers and reading about him, his life and works on magazines (ex. The Reader's Digest) Then the fateful day came, year 2005, he died...
I was one of the many people who were sadden and mourn over his death. For me, he was one of the best Popes ever, that no one can replace him nor surmount the works that he has done.
Years passed, and I still think of him from time to time. The dream to see him was (I admit) long gone, for he is already in the place where there is no pain, war (that he dislikes) and sickness. The heaven...
The news that he will be canonized spread, again I was one of the million people all over the world that was truly pleased with the news. I know he will be a saint in no time.
Then something happened that changed my life... Days before the scheduled canonization. I saw him on my dream...
He was surrounded by a lot of people, old and children alike. I was just standing there and looking at him . When I got the chance to meet him in person and hug him, I felt something inside me move. I took the chance to confess all of my sins to him and ask for forgiveness. When he whispered on my ear that I was forgiven, I burst into tears, my chest tightened, it was overflowing with with joy and happiness.
When I woke up form that dream, tears were still in my eyes, but a simple yet happy smile painted across my face. A miracle happened, he heard my prayers and in his own little way, made my dream come true.
See the Pope... Meet him for the first time...

Leave a Reply