Amis. Tomodachi. Amigos. Amici. Friends.

"Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies." - Aristotle

I only have few friends... But I'm not a bad person, never a snob, much more a
bitch. I just don't know how to make friends. Yes, I know it's a lame excuse and I'm not a seven year old kid. But it's just who I am. I'm not a good conversational. I'll only talk to you if you'll ask me to. I don't socialize much, don't go on disco (hate noisy and crowded places, specially the smell of cigarettes) I feel awkward and out of place, like a fish out of water when I'm surrounded by people. But I'm so thankful to have a bunch of cool, understanding and supportive friends. I love them so much and thank God for sending them to me (senti). They have different personalities, but when you put them together, you'll get not just a perfect combination, but a super, duper, mega, to the nth power of perfect combination.

And here they are:

Hana: The shrewd Math genius (the very reason why I didn't flunked in Math during high school) She's the type that will not jump on a plane without two parachutes. The girl with plans A, B, C, D, E if possible plan Z. But kidding aside, my source of strength during our high school days, my shock absorber. She didn't mind listening to my drama's in life, instead supported me and accepted me for me. Her caring nature made me love her more (to the extend of being jealous whenever she spends some time with our other classmates). She's also the most generous person I've known (likes to give gifts with or without occasions). She made a huge impact in my life. Made me appreciate things that I've never known before (like reading and eventually fall in love with the fabulous author Judith Mcnaught and the anime Slamdunk) Our communication has become scarce these days, but every time we see each other, it's like nothing happened and seems like we just met yesterday! Just like the old times. I love her so much that if I have to choose another person to be my best friend, I'd still choose her, without a doubt. :>

Des: The most misunderstood person I've known. Always mistaken as, "maarte", "mataray, "plastic" but the truth us, she actually is the exact opposite of those. You'd be surprised how fun she is to be with. How wonderful is she as a person. She won't mind sharing what she has (she's more happy with that, saying "hangtod naa pa ko trabaho, way problema na."). Because of her good and bubbly personality, she has managed to attract lots of friends but it's amazing how she divides her time with each and everyone of us. I salute her for that. That's why a lot of people trust her, she won't gossip or spread ill rumors about you. If it's a secret, then it will remain a secret. She may look feminine and "hindi makabasag pinggan" then think again, she isn't scared to fight for you (she nearly fought a guy who fondled me inside a jeep, had I told her earlier). Was so touched and flattered, but glad that I didn't, don't want anything to happen to her. Life is easy for the both of us, since we both share the same likes (basketball and we're both a big fan of the Petron Blaze Boosters) Like Hana, wouldn't trade her with anyone. :*

KatKat: (Her real name starts with the letter "C" but I prefer to use "K", just for a change). Keen, witty and intelligent. She's threading the fine line between being childish and mature. That is why you'll find no boring moment with her. She'll make you laugh with her natural jokes. She's the type of person who looks at the bright side of life, always positive. Nothing can dampen her spirit (working during Christmas and New Year is highly unacceptable, but for her, it's nothing and find it humorous). From the moment I got to know how good her heart is, she didn't changed a bit, she still the same carefree girl I've known during highschool. :3



Gnet: Miss Prim and Proper. Miss Almost Perfect. The only person I know that doesn't understand the word "angry". And the one likely to be voted as the best friend to all because of her understanding and mature personality (she can handle childish people like me!). Seriously, this person is like an "Ate" to all. She never did anything outrageous that can shame her and her family. That's why we like to tease her and make fun of her (oops, it's not what you think it is, not the ugly way, we're not the mean girls). But she just shrugs it off, laugh and say "kalain ninyo oy." (she's uber sweet) That is why everybody likes her. Speacially me! :D

Leave a Reply