The best day of my life, yet...


It has already been two days but I still couldn’t get a hang out of it. It was a chance of a lifetime and it will be a well-kept memory that I’m going to treasure until the world stops turning. (Cheesy!)
I’ve always wanted to see them, (God knows how much I want to.) And last November 20, 2009, Friday, 3 p.m. at the Cebu Coliseum was my big day. Prancing around our house for over a week, couldn’t put into words how excited I was when I heard the news that the San Miguel Beermen will be having at match in Cebu. And this time, I told myself, I’m not going to let the chance pass me by just the way I did years ago. So I summoned all of my courage, with my sister, we went to the venue, only to find out that nobody was at the entrance of the coliseum. But I wasn’t born a loser, I got at the backdoor and found my former high school classmate also waiting there. We chatted for quite some time, catching up for those years that we didn’t see each other. Then a car arrived, we already guessed it was our very own Cebuano Hotshot Dondon Hontiveros, and we were correct. Right at that very moment, I understood the word, Starstruck. Dondon was quite good looking in person. I asked him if we can have a picture with him, and he gladly oblige. Such a nice man! We were already informed that nobody is allowed to enter the court, because of some important issues. But Dondon’s heart was too good that he allowed my classmate, her nephew, me and my younger sister to come with him as his guest, by doing so, my respect for him tripled. He made us seat near the court so that we can clearly see them. He also signed autographs for me and my classmate. A couple more minutes passed by before the whole SMB team arrived (well minus injured Danny I., JayWash, and Holper) I was awed, ah!mazed, and speechless. Seeing them in person was for me the best day of my life, yet. I know it’s “mababaw”, but we all has this “mababawness” deep inside of us. My eyes feasted on this people that I consider my source of inspiration. Their warm up was not like a serious warm up at all. They were having a good time, with Mic Pennisi and Dorian Pena goofing around (often teases my long time idol Danny Seigle) Olsen Racela was like a kid, he was the last one to finish tying his shoe lace while squatting on the floor. Bonbon Custodio got all of our attention when he came on court wearing checkered boxer shorts. (Yada-yada) Lordy Tugade also got this boyish look, but seldom smiles, so as Mike Cortez, but when he turned towards us and posed for our camera, it made him look cute. Sam Eman, was utterly tall, Dennis Miranda was funny, despite the fact that he’s guarding the team captain Olsen Racela. Chris Calaguio can be considered as one of the SMB pretty boys and new beermen Arwind Santos was virtually unstoppable. Who would forget Coach Siot, who was so serious about giving instructions. The SMB coaching staff was all ears on the players, assessing them, and helping them with their needs. But I only had my eyes on the person that has occupied a small yet important place in my heart. (Naks!) Danny Seigle was better looking in person than on t.v. Upon seeing him enter the court, my happiness soared to stratosphere. I never thought I’d see him that day, considering that he has an injury. He was also so nice, he even turned around to us, made a peace sign to our camera and smiled. For more or less two hours, we sat their in silence, just watching them with contentment. On the way outside the court, I got the chance to meet and have a picture taken with Coca Cola Tigers’ Wesley Gonzales (Darn so handsome!) and the ultra, super and mega nice Asi Taulava. Our day with the Beermen ended with us having one on one pictures with them. I enjoyed my moment with Olsen Racela, he was so cool and so friendly.
Until this very day, every time I think of those moments, couldn’t help but smile to myself. My heart swells with so much joy. Because who would have thought that simple human being like us would be given the opportunity to see them exclusively do their practice. I never doubted myself for a single moment that I choose SMB as my favorite team. They weren’t just this commercial team who play only to themselves or for the sake of personal happiness, but also for their fans.
I love you guys.
(The end, ouch! My head aches so much!)

Leave a Reply