The Little Prince

Welcome back to me! I’m so excited to write my very first movie blog /review of the year.

I should have written this week ago but got sick here and there, was rushed to the hospital, I freaking forgot my password and all. Well, let’s just forget about the past and move on.

I’m writing about the “The Little Prince”, one of the well-loved books of all time. I have my own copy of the book and finished reading it in just a couple of hours years back. It’s neither that thick nor complex but the story and content will make you smile, laugh and inspired.

Going back, “The Little Prince” is one of my favorite books of all time. When I heard that there was a movie adaptation, I wasn’t thrilled at all. When I saw the trailer, I WAS NOT HAPPY at all. What’s an old man and a little girl got to do in a semi pilot autobiography?

Out of curiosity (and no good movies to watch), I decided to give it a try…

Lo and Behold, the movie was beautifully made. The story line, animation and structure were perfect. It made me smile, laugh and inspired like the book. It even made me cry! There is a reason why the old man was there, why the little girl was added to the story. The voice actors did justice to their roles (I personally like Paul Rudd as The Prince and James Franco as Mr. Fox). I’ve watched the move twice, the second time was with my family members and they fell in love with the move (my nine year old nice loves Mr. Fox so much that she wants a fox plushie.)

I’m giving the movie 5 (five) stars. Highly recommend the movie to everyone. If you want a movie that won’t just entertain you, watch this. It will teach you about family, friendship, love, life, respect, patience, about following your dreams and hope.

I’m borrowing a line from the book/movie, this is and will always be my favorite quote.. “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what essential is invisible to the eye..”

Cast:


  • Mackenzie Foy as The Little Girl
  • Jeff Bridges as The Aviator
  • Rachel McAdams as The Mother
  • Riley Osborne as The Little Prince
  • Paul Rudd as Mr. Prince
  • James Franco as The Fox
  • Benicio del Toro as The Snake





      Movie Posters in different languages: 







      Leave a Reply