Too little, too late..

To someone I thought would hold on to me forever.

If I can, I would. Shake the sands of time backwards, so that I can rebuild my yesterday, our yesterday. Then maybe, our story will have a beautiful ending.

They say that it's no use crying over spilled milk. If I had only known that before, then I woudn't be miserable today. I took you for granted. Didn't value all of the things that you unselfishly did and gave to me. Thinking that you will always be there for me no matter what. Until one day, when I turned around, you were gone...

It was too late for me to realize that what you felt towards me, I felt the same way too. Because you already got tired. You thought, someone deserves me more than you do. That there was no sense in fighting for someone, when that person is not worth fighting for.

Your love was beautiful and unselfish, but I didn't see it. I was stupid, crazy and blind. Now it's all too late... You found someone else. And I can see in you eyes that you are nothing but happy and contented.


I could have been her. It should've been my hand that you are holding now. My heart that you'll whisper "I love you." And my soul that you'll promise forever.

But still I thank you. For making me feel special for once in my lifetime. We may not end up together. But in our next life, I will find you. And I will do anything to make our story a beautiful one.

Leave a Reply