The Mark of Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin)



Okay, we've all watched the anime version of this movie. We fell in love with Kenshin, Kaoru, Sano and the rest of the characters of Samurai X. When I first heard that their will be a live action movie of Samurai X (or better known as "Rurouni Kenshin"), I was just sadden by the news. I wasn't really sure if I'll like it since it will really be hard to portray the character of one of the best samurai of the Tokugawa Era. Plus the fact that most of the anime/cartoon turned movie gravely disappointed movie goers (sorry, like Dragon Ball Z, Ben 10, Blood : The Last Vampire and etc.) But lo and behold, it surpassed my expectations.

My sister told me that the fight scenes were really awesome (she saw it first) and I have to agree, it was really good! It made up for the bad acting of some of the main characters and  it was believable, their were a lot of blood involved (it became yucky in one point and brutal) and majority of the characters did their part and were able to do justice to the role that were given to them. 


Cast of Characters:



1. Sato Takeru (佐藤健) as Himura KenshinThis guy is really awesome! He is the perfect Kenshin Himura for me. His fight scenes were really amazing and believable. Plus the scar did look good in him. His acting was okay, but his kick ass moves made up for that department.



2. Takei Emi (武井咲) as Kamiya Kaoru - Fine, I'm not really convinced by her acting on some scenes from the movie. I thought, she could have given or shown more emotions. Though, I can imagine Kaoru in her. Tomboyish but warmhearted and caring.



3. Aoki Munetaka ( 青木崇高as Sagara Sanosuke  - His good. He can fight, he's a bit dumb, all fight and less talk, all muscles and less brain. Perfect for a chicken brained guy. The only thing that I'm a bit disappointed is, Sano was a good looking guy! (Or maybe I was expecting too much, comparing an anime to a real human being).



4. Taketo Tanaka as Myoujin Yahiko - I'm also disappointed in his character portrayal. He was lame in the movie, a complete opposite of the anime! I didn't even saw him fight! (Maybe it isn't his fault, then I'm blaming the script writer and the director).



5. Aoi Yuu ( 蒼井優 as Takani Megumi - They could have picked a more mature looking Megumi for me. She looks a bit young. But her acting was good, a lot better that of Kaoru. In some point, she looks just like Megumi.



6.  Eguchi Yosuke ( 江口洋介) as Saitou Hajime - I've been dying to write a comment for him. I hate the director and script writer for not showing more fight scenes of him, I mean, dude, this guy is good! He ought to be scary and intimidating. I didn't even recognized him the second time I saw him on the movie. It was later on that I realize, he was Saitou. And lastly, he has one the coolest fighting stance that I've seen ever and I've only seen it for about, what four seconds!?



7. Kikkawa Kouji (吉川晃司) as Udou Jine - Best Supporting Actor for me. He did justice to his character. Scary, cold blooded and merciless. Two thumbs up!



8. Kagawa Teruyuki  (香川照之) as Takeda Kanryuu - I hate this guy, in the movie. He was annoying, a scumbag and a pain in the ass. I wanted to kill him myself (for what he did to those poor doctors) , maybe that's a good thing. He was able to portray his role in the movie good.


Some Clips








All in all, it was good. Apart from the fight scenes in the movie, I also love those heart wrenching parts (like the aftermath of Kenshin's murder of those Samurai's, when the wife cried over her dead husband in the rain (I just assumed)). They were ah!mazing! I want a part II though. More story and fight scenes!

That it!

Signing off! :D



Leave a Reply